What is expected of you as a guest
By booking a holiday let with us, you confirm that you have understood and accepted the terms and conditions below:
- No stag and hen parties are allowed
- No smoking inside – ash trays are provided outside- UK legislation provides that smoking is not permitted in serviced accommodation.
- No swimming in the lake, no matter how tempting it may be!
- No overfilling of accommodation beyond the stated maximum – If exceeded we reserve the right to evict excess occupants with no refunds
- Lock all windows and doors when going out – accommodation is insured but your personal items are not, so locking up is essential to ensure the safety of ipads/laptops etc
- Switch the heating off when you are out, or set the timer (just like a normal boiler timer), if you leave the heating on when out you will come back to a boiling hot house!
- Treat the home respectfully, mop up spillages, (various cleaning products are provided)
- Please be respectful of neighbours. No Nuisance level music. That doesn’t mean you can’t play music and have a BBQ on the decking, or play party games etc, but does mean applying common sense. Please do not play loud music after 10pm or before 11am. If security have any need to step in then this will be reported to the owner. Repeat offenders will be asked to leave and no refunds will be given.
- You are welcome to set up swing ball etc on the grass or have a BBQ (but please don’t burn the grass or place disposable BBQ’s directly on the grass). The left hand side of the accommodation is for your exclusive use ( ie the side the main door is on) – the right hand side belongs to neighbours.
- Falsified Bookings – Any booking obtained under false pretence will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
- Pets are allowed with owner permission. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture will incur extra cleaning fees of up to £40.
- All pets must be up-to-date on vaccinations. Heartworm prevention is highly recommended. All pets are to be treated with Advantage or similar topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are very rampant and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets. All items above are the sole responsibility of the pet owner. We assume no responsibility for illness or injury that humans or pets may incur while on the premises, unless it results from an act or omission on our part.
CHECK IN IS AFTER 5PM…..
- If there is no one in before you, I will let you know that you can arrive whatever time you like.
- You don’t need to queue at reception to get your key.
- There is a key box at the accommodation. The key code will be texted to your mobile just before 5pm. Simply enter the code and the box will open and provide you with TWO keys.
- Please leave one key in the box at all times – the park charge for replacement keys and if you lose one key, at least you can still get in the accommodation with the key in the key box.
- There is a Brand New Gate House which is manned 24/7 with a friendly face as well being an electronic gating system. Guests need to show evidence of booking to the security guard in order to enter the park.
- Whilst there is a COVID risk, you will need to make your own beds up as mattresses and bedding will have been sanitised with disinfectant that is active for 4 hours.
CHECK OUT TIME IS 11AM
Please do the following prior to departure:
- Open windows to air the property (but close windows before leaving).
- Strip bed linen and place in red laundry bags provided and tie closed.
- Put all towels and tea towels in red laundry bags provided (do not include disposable dishcloths or oven gloves) and tie closed.
- Open all curtains to let maximum sunlight in.
- Put dishes in dishwasher and put on hot wash – no need to empty dishwasher.
- Make sure the BBQ is cleaned after use (Nb it’s a £20 charge to clean)
- Fill out accommodation book to note any issues eg lightbulb gone / batteries in remote dead /any breakages / the first aid kit has been used/consumables running low eg tinfoil.
- Fill out guest book – feedback always welcome.
- Switch off the lights, electrical appliances and wifi at the plug.
- Turn heating off using the switch on the wall in the boiler cupboard
- Lock all doors and windows.
- Check you have all your luggage.
- When you are sure you have everything, place the key in the key box and jiggle the numbers so they don’t show the code you were given.
- Please do a review on Facebook if you are on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/haggerstonholidayhomesltd/
Deposit and bond requirements
Please ensure that you inspect the accommodation on check-in. Unless we receive notification otherwise within 24 hours of check-in we will be entitled to assume that you have fully accepted that the condition of the accommodation is in good repair, condition and in a clean and tidy state and you will waive any right to claim otherwise. Risk of damage to the accommodation and its contents will pass to you on check-in and remain with you until the accommodation is returned to us. You shall be liable for all loss or damage (except fair wear and tear) caused during the rental period, and for any reasonable loss of rental income resulting from such loss or damage.
A refundable security deposit of £100 to cover your obligations under this Agreement will be taken prior to check-in. This may be in the form of a payment or an authorisation to deduct payment from your debit or credit card used to make the Booking. Any security deposit paid will be returned to you in full (or any payment authorisation cancelled) upon the accommodation being returned to us in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. Where you are liable for loss or damage, we may withhold some or all of your deposit to cover the same and our administration fees associated with repairing or dealing with the loss or damage. These will be Additional Charges.
Where Additional Charges are payable, you hereby authorise us to take them from the credit or debit card used to make the Booking. If no credit or debit card was used in the Booking, you must pay Additional Charges by another means acceptable to us. All Additional Charges are due on the check-out date, unless otherwise agreed with the owner. If you fail to pay any Additional Charge within 14 days of the date of our invoice requiring payment of the same, you will incur an administration fee of £50 to cover the costs of sending you our debt collection letter, which will follow.
The security bond will be refunded within 10 days of check out and key return and once checks have been satisfied. The damage bond will not be withheld for small breakages such as plates/cups etc. What it will be withheld for is for damage which requires repairs or replacement – eg damage to carpets/lino, damage to furniture such as sofa, loss of key etc. Basically, if you spill red wine on the carpet and don’t clean it up then the carpet has to be replaced. Fabric upholstery cleaner is provided, please use it if you have a spillage! Note also that the owner will do everything to minimise costs of replacement, i.e. a like for like basis. The bond is subject to fair wifi and gas usage (see below).
Gas and wifi fair usage
Very reluctantly we have had to institute a fair usage policy on the gas and wifi. One guest left the heating on full with all the windows open. Others have used 50GB of data in 4 days –something which EE tells me must have meant 6 people online all day every day. If one guests uses up all the data, it leaves the next guests with no data- then they are stuck as EE is the only provider with a decent signal. There is Haven wifi in the complex however. The gas is subject to a fair usage policy. A gas bottle should last circa one month in summer and two-three weeks in winter. A record of new bottles is kept by the park. Each bottle currently costs £58.50. The most common cause of excessive gas use is leaving the heating on upon departure (sometimes this is not discovered for days depending on when the cleaners are in) or leaving the heating on when out, or leaving it on all the time and opening the windows when they get too hot. If a guest uses excessive gas then a £25 charge will be levied from the damage/bond deposit.
For June/July/August -the wifi has 50GB a month prepaid – costing £48.50 pcm. 50GB is HUGE. Its equivalent to 297 hours of watching videos, or playing Call of Duty online for 417 hours!!! You could watch all 121 episodes of ‘Lost’ 1.7 times! Anyone found to be using data excessively will be charged £25 to top up data for the next guest, this charge will be taken from the damage deposit. The wifi is reduced to 30GB for other calendar months.
Cancellations by us/owner
In the unlikely event we have to cancel or make a change to your accommodation we will use all reasonable efforts to contact you as soon as possible to explain what has happened and inform you of the cancellation or change. If possible, we will offer alternatives, but should these alternatives be unacceptable to you the booking will be treated as cancelled and we will refund any money you have paid to us within 10 days of any cancellation. We shall not be liable for changes, cancellations or any other effect on your booking due to events beyond our reasonable control (force majeure), including (by way of example only and without limiting the generality of the foregoing) terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural or manmade disasters, fire, and adverse weather conditions.
Our liability for Death, Personal Injury, Loss of Property, Lack of Services, etc.
We shall have no liability to you for the death or personal injury to you or any members of your party unless this results from an act or omission on our part. Any guest using their own electrical appliances (hairdryers, curlers, tongs, shavers, personal computers, personal stereos etc.) must use the appropriate adaptor. Non-UK plugs used without the appropriate adaptor/transformer are a serious fire risk. Please ensure that all heated appliances are switched off and stored safely before leaving the accommodation. Guests found to be in breach of this rule may be asked to leave with immediate effect.
You must take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property and we accept no liability to you in respect of damage to, or loss of, such property unless caused by negligence on our part. Cars and their contents are parked at their owners’ risk. Please ensure that cars are locked and possessions are left out of sight. There is on site security present 24/7, but there remains a risk of theft particularly during busy periods. Guest property left in the apartment will be kept for 1 week after departure or forwarded at the guest’s expense.
Save where there is a total failure to provide useful accommodation as reasonably expected under this agreement, we cannot be held responsible for any failure or interruption to services to the apartment, for example, gas, water and electricity, or for any damage, disturbance or noise caused as a result of maintenance work being carried out in any part of the park.
We shall have no liability for any loss which was not foreseeable at the time we entered this Agreement or losses not caused by our breach of this Agreement, and, if you are entering this Agreement in the course of a business, we shall have no liability for any loss of profit, loss of or damage to goodwill, increased costs, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business, or any special, indirect or consequential loss (whether arising through breach of contract, tort including (without limitation) negligence, or breach of statutory duty. In any case our total liability to you is limited to the total cost of your reservation.
All descriptions and photographs of the accommodation are for illustration only and we do not warrant that they are accurate or complete, although we do use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that they are.